Thursday, April 9, 2015

Nothing for the Journey?

Luke 9:3, "Take nothing for the journey, no staff, nor bag, nor bread, nor money; and do not have two tunics." ~ ESV  That is a verse that has weighed heave on my soul since I was just 15.  I grew up with a hoarder, and every time I tried to downsize...  I was made to put stuff back.  Then I set out with my husband to start our new life... and we left with a duffle bag each and two backpacks to go on the bus.  Then we moved to and from Chicago with truck load of items.  Then from Kansas to Flagstaff to Thoreau with smaller truck load.  Then we took a uhall to Keavy, KY from Thoreau with all the stuff we had gathered.  Then we stored much of our stuff when we moved from Keavy to Farmington, NM.  When we came to Phoenix, we make 3 trips in 1 car.   I feel the weight of the items we have gathered.  I miss the lightness of the early days.... of that first trip as we just started out.

I know the "Gypsy Road", the path of a nomad, a traveler for the Lord, is not for everyone... and there are times I just want to throw in the towel and say I am done...but He picks me up and says, "For such a time as this..." and I keep going.  Yes we will settle down somewhat one day... and are semi-settled even now.  But that does not mean we should become to attached to things...  For we are all just passing through, and this earth is not our homes... Heaven is our true home, for all who believe!

~ Morria

No comments:

Post a Comment