Friday, March 13, 2015

Those who have gone before...

25 years ago, my Grandma Houser passed away,
22 years ago, my Grandpa Fitzpatrick passed away,
15 years ago, my Grandpa Houser passed away,
13 years ago, was the "Year of Sorrow",
10 years ago, my Grandma Fitzpatrick passed away,
7 years ago, Robby's Grandma Sylvania passed away.
3 years ago, my Aunt Nelda and Aunt Jewel passed away,
1 year ago, my Merami passed away.

In honor of them all, I share you this song that I wrote in 2000,
when Grandpa Houser passed away:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Song of Sorrow
(set to the tune of "Barbra Allen")

From Irish halls to huts straw,
the wind of sorrow blows,
an’ everyone that hears its song,
knows of the cryin’. 

For in the heart an’ in the ear,
 the song it goes,
and sends each one
to bended knee
 for sorrow's prayer.

For sorrow’s course must take its hold,
and the joy its wing,
for in this life
they have their place,
an’ none can change it.

For in sorrows an’ joys,
this life its made,
an’ though we plead,
an’ though we beg,
this life it flies on.

So when the wind of sorrow comes,
we know our lot,
an’ turn our hearts
 to the Lord above,
our God and King!

For in His death
He bore our pain,
on sorrow’s tree,
an’ in Him we have our hope
for today.

So now, my friends,
ye’ve heard
the song of sorrow,
an’ to thee I bid ado
until the mor-row.


Copyright 2000 MMH/MMN

No comments:

Post a Comment