Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ats'inna and a Goal

Ats'inna Ruins...
Not many people have heard of these Anasazi/Zuni Ruins that are up top El Morro's Inscription Rock.  It is a beautiful hike, just be sure to carry plenty of water in a good backpack.  Robby and I took 2 hours reading the inscriptions, then started the hike up.  Twice because of my bad leg and my fear of heights, I wanted to quit, but once we were at the ruins, so worth it all.  Just seeing what they saw, and imagining what it was like when they lived up here.  WOW.

The reason we came back to New Mexico for the this week due to the loss of our young friend might have been a sad one, but it was so good to our souls to be out on the open road again.  It has stealed our resolve to get back to what we need to be doing... living out here.  How and when I am not sure, but we have not poured the year 2010, 2011, and 2012 out for nothing, and we have not spent most of 2013 working to get back out here, while helping tend to both Robby's mom as well as dealing with my mom's cancer, to just give up now.  No if anything, our young friend's untimely death has shown us all the more why we have to be out here.  How and what that looks like I dont know, but we must return.

~ Morria

No comments:

Post a Comment