Saturday, November 28, 2009

New Digs...

 Well, we have made it safely to Kansas after our grand adventure.  Tsalagi, the truck, has served us well!  We made it to my god mother, Donna's, for Thanksgiving... then traveled on to Kansas the next day.  We had a full truck bed.  Everything of value that we owned was in that truck, from my guitar, Truth, to my Victorian Wardrobe, to the mini Navajo rug, from Mo.  Kentucky to Kansas is along drive, but my dad was nice enough to call for a motel just out side of St. Louis for us.

Our new place is an apartment in the back of a church in their basement that they use for charity or special cases.   So as this is an emergency, and no one was using it, they gave it to us.  Sure, it has one small window, red carpet, a bed on pallets on floor... but it is our's for at least 6 months while we get on our feet.  A few room dividers, a coffee table and floor chairs, and I am sure I can make this place feel like home in no time.  A place to think and refocus after this great trauma has be fallen us.
Now, this gypsy goth gal needs to crash into bed and sleep sound for the first time in ages!

~ Morria

No comments:

Post a Comment