Saturday, July 2, 2005

In Memory...

They say this pain it goes away,
They say with time it eases,
If this then be true why do I think of you?

Every time a death comes by,
Every time I hear the Word,
Wonder I why you had to die.

Why when I see to study,
Why when I start to write,
Do my eye not stay dry?
Why cant I pick up a pen?
Why cant I draw again?

It has been nigh three summers,
Since death took you home,
Yet still here I morn,
And long for the eternal home.
Your words and your guidance,
Your smile and your laugh,
Still linger on though you are gone.

Why did God say I must journey on?

© 2005 MMH/MMN

In honor of my mentor/spiritual big brother, Samuel, who died in 2002.  Yes, I still struggle with survivors guilt/ptsd from his death and the others from the "year of sorrow".

~ Morria

No comments:

Post a Comment